Israel – excellent market opportunities for foreign Medical Device companies

Israel – excellent market opportunities for foreign Medical Device companies

21.11.2018 – The Israeli market is one of the largest consumers of medical technology in the Middle East.

Only 38.4% of the demand for medical products is produced in the domestic market; 61.6% of the demand is covered by imported goods. The main customers for medical facilities and large-scale equipment are hospitals, predominantly the 339 hospitals, of which the 44 general hospitals are mostly run by the state or charitable organisations.

The 8.7 million (2017) inhabitants are 100% insured by 4 health insurances. According to GTAI, 23.5 billion US$ were spent in 2016. The state paid 62% of these health expenditures. The remaining 38% was privately financed by the insured themselves, partly through supplementary insurances. It is estimated that medical technology accounts for 20% of these services.

The greatest demand in Israel is for high-quality, modern medical technology. The most important imported products in 2016 were orthopaedic technology, X-ray and other radiation equipment, electro-diagnostic equipment and devices as well as syringes, needles, catheters, cannulas etc.

The main suppliers of these items are the USA, Switzerland and Germany.

Medical products from abroad must be registered with AMAR, the Israeli Ministry of Health’s medical products supervisory authority in Israel. CE certification or US FDA approval may be a prerequisite or help simplify the procedure.

Please contact us if you are planning to enter the Israeli market. We work with an Israeli service provider who can register with AMAR on your behalf. This means that you are independent and can work together with various local sales partners without being dependent on only one sales partner. Our service partner can also act as your authorised representative and help you find suitable distribution partners. contact us

Israel – gute Marktchancen für ausländische Medizintechnik Unternehmen

21.11.2018 – Der israelische Markt ist einer der größten für Medizintechnik im Mittleren Osten.

Lediglich 38,4 % des Medizinprodukte Bedarfs werden im Binnenmarkt selbst produziert; 61,6% des Bedarfs stammen aus dem Ausland. Die Hauptabnehmer für medizinische Ausrüstungen/Großgeräte sind die Krankenhäuser vor allem die 339 Krankenhäuser, wovon die 44 Universalkrankenhäuser größenteils staatlich und gemeinnützig sind.

Die 8,7 Mio (2017) Einwohner sind zu 100% über 4 Krankenversicherungen versichert. Lt. GTAI sind im Jahr 2016 23,5 Milliarden US$ ausgegeben worden. Der Staat bezahlte 62% dieser Gesundheitsausgaben. Der Rest von 38% wurde privat von den Versicherten selbst finanziert, auch teilweise über Zusatzversicherungen. Schätzungsweise 20% dieser Leistungen entfallen auf die Medizintechnik.

Nachgefragt in Israel wird vor allen Dingen qualitativ hochwertige und moderne Medizintechnik. Die wichtigsten Importprodukte in 2016 waren  Orthopädietechnik, Röntgen- und andere Strahlenapparate, Elektrodiagnoseapparate und –geräte  sowie Spritzen, Nadeln, Katheter, Kanülen u.ä.

Haupt-Lieferländer sind die USA, die Schweiz und Deutschland.

Medizinprodukte aus dem Ausland müssen bei der AMAR, der Medizinprodukte-Aufsicht des israelischen Gesundheitsministeriums in Israel, registriert werden. Eine CE-Zertifizierung bzw. eine US FDA-Freigabe können eine Voraussetzung sein bzw. das Verfahren vereinfachen.

Falls Sie einen Markteintritt nach Israel planen, sprechen Sie uns an. Wir arbeiten mit einem israelischen Dienstleister zusammen, der in Ihrem Namen die Registrierung bei der AMAR vornehmen kann. Sie sind somit unabhängig und können mit diversen Vertriebspartnern dort zusammenarbeiten, ohne von einem allein abhängig zu sein. Außerdem kann unser Dienstleistungspartner für Sie als Bevollmächtigter dort agieren und Ihnen bei der Suche nach geeigneten Vertriebspartnern behilflich sein. contact us